Food Allergen Testing
During the recent years food allergies have increased at an unusual rate. These allergic reactions impacts the quality of life and often leads to fatal diseases. According to late study, food allergic reactions rate have increased over the recent years.
It includes Food intolerances such as lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance and celiac disease. Such diseases are on the peak. People who have celiac disease may be lactose intolerant because of their small intestine is damaged.
People with food allergies must follow precautionary measures to avoid adverse reactions from the foods which causes reactions. So it is obligatory that the food manufacturer must provide all the necessary details about the contents, additives or ingredients for all the food products, on the packaging. Every country’s government has set regulatory standards while manufacturing, its necessary that regulatory standards must be followed.
How ITC Labs can help
Food manufacturers typically utilize ELISA-based test system to detect specific proteins in food. There are also several PCR methods that are utilized for DNA detection. We provide tests to analyse multiple allergens at the same time via the LC-MS/MS method.
Relevant products for Food Testing
- Dietary supplements (dietary food, food for diabetics)
- Baby food
- Bread and cookies (bread, bread rolls, pre-baked produces, baking mixtures)
- Cereals and muesli
- Meat and meat products
- Herbs and spices
- Convenience food
- Pet food
- Many more
As per FSSAI, BIS, APEDA requires all of the following allergens must be clearly identified in food:
- Vegetable allergens
- Cereals containing gluten
- Peanuts and products thereof
- Nuts (e.g. almonds, hazelnut, walnut, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia or Queensland nuts)
- Lupin and products thereof
- Mustard and products thereof
- Celery and products thereof
- Sesame seeds and products thereof
- Soybeans and products thereof
- Animal allergens
- Milk and products thereof (including lactose)
- Fish and products thereof
- Eggs and products thereof
- Molluscs and products thereof
- Crustaceans and products thereof
- Pseudo allergens
- Sulphur dioxide
Why ITC Labs?
We are leaders in allergen testing industry and also offers` a wide scope of detection methods for all relevant food allergens. We provides specialized knowledge of which ELISA kits yield best results for specific product groups for a given allergen. Our state-of-the-art labs and testing procedures are used to supply precise and accurate analytical data at high quality. We have a highly experienced team that will help you determine what tests you need and assist with your testing and quality management.
Please contact us for more information https://itclabs.com/contact-us/
Also Read: Green to be true,Be safe