Air is a homogeneous mixture of various gases and dust particles. It is odourless, colourless and has no definite volume and shape. It consists of 78% nitrogen, 21 % oxygen, 0.9 % argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, minor amount of other gases and about 1 % water vapour. Moving air is called wind and it causes weather. Air supports life on earth as it provides oxygen to animals and carbon dioxide to plants. The Air Quality Index should be maintained in order to sustain a healthy life.
Standard available with ITC Labs
Air Quality is tested as per below Standards:
- Ambient Air ( National Ambient Air Quality Standards, 2009)
- Work Zone air ( Factory Act, Schedule II, 1948)
- Indoor Air (OSHA Guidelines/ ASHRAE/ ACGIH)
Parameters tested under Ambient Air (N.A.A.Q.S. 2009)
Sulphur Dioxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, Particulate Matter 2.5, Particulate Matter 10, Ozone, Lead, Carbon Monoxide, Ammonia, Benzene, Benzo (a) pyrene, Arsenic, Nickel.
Parameters tested under Work Zone Air (Factories Act, 1948)
Chemical parameters: Sulphur Dioxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, Suspended Particulate Matter & Respirable Particulate Matter, Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen, Temperature, Relative Humidity, Air movement, Heavy metals, VOCs & Hydrocarbons, etc.
Microbiological parameters: Total Bacterial Count (TBC), Total Fungal Count (TFC)
Microbiological parameters: Total Bacterial Count, Total Fungal Count
- Dust (Total aerosol mass & Respirable aerosol mass)
- Fumes (Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Iron, etc.)
- Vapors (Formaldehyde, Isopropyl Alcohol, VOCs & Hydrocarbons)
- Gases ( O2, CO, CO2, SO2, NO2, Ammonia, Ozone, Chlorine, H2S, etc.)
- Mist (Oil Mist & Acid Mist)
- Heavy Metals (Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Zn, Mn, Hg, As, Ni, Pb, etc.)
- Microbiological ( TBC& TFC)